Here’s a sneak peek of what happened that afternoon!
Industry Trends & Best Practices of Private Clubs
- Trends in Clubs around the United States
- Review of Board Dynamics and Model of Club Best Practices
Here were the main takeaways by our 30 members & their guests
- In order to maintain relevancy, clubs must evolve and change. Traditions are important, but evolving is just as necessary.
- Service to members should be fast, casual, informal & convenient.
- The purpose of a plan is not to produce a plan, but to produce results.
- A full-time employee should assume the role of membership marketing who will be held accountable for all relevant responsibilities. Only 43% of all clubs have someone truly dedicated & focused on this key role, and not just administrating the paper work.
- 71% of clubs are using public social media platforms with Facebook, Instagram & Twitter being the most popular.
- Golf clubs need to focus on non-golf amenities to engage all members of the family.
- When best practices are put in place by both the Executive team and the volunteer leaders of a club, this will result in getting governance & organisational health right.
- Top down structure of an Organisational Health Pyramid should be: Results, Accountability, Commitment, Conflict and Trust.