Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Courses
The Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) is a national credential system that trains, develops, assesses and certifies skills and competencies for the workforce. As a continuing education and training (CET) system, WSQ supports the SkillsFuture movement to:
- Promote recognition of skills and competencies to facilitate progression, mastery and mobility;
- Promote holistic development of the workforce through technical and generic skills and competencies;
- Support economic development by professionalising skills and competencies to drive industry transformation, productivity and innovation efforts; and
- Encourage lifelong learning.
Training programmes developed under the WSQ system are based on skills and competencies validated by employers, unions and professional bodies. This process ensures existing and emerging skills and competencies that are in demand are used to inform training and development under WSQ. Get more information on WSQ here.
Centre for Urban Greenery & Ecology (CUGE)
The Centre for Urban Greenery and Ecology (“CUGE”) provides professional skills training programmes for all levels of professionals and is a national training institution of the Landscape Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ).
CUGE serves as a regional repository of best practices to advance urban and green living environment. CUGE will serve as the lead training provider for all levels of the landscape industry workforce.
CUGE uses the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) System to train and certify skills training and facilitate career development in the landscape industry. View some of the available courses here:
- WSQ Certificate in Landscape Operations (Turf, Sports Grounds and Greens) – Maintain Irrigation Systems (21 – 23 Nov 2017)
- WSQ Advanced Certificate in Landscape Supervision (Turf, Sports Grounds and Greens) – Install Irrigation Systems (27 – 30 Nov 2017)
- ABCs to Setting Up Green Roofs and Green Walls (4 Dec 2017)
- Tree Decay – The Fundamentals (7 Dec 2017)
- Developing Goals and Activities in Horticultural Therapy Programming (9 Jan 2018)
- Certified Practising Horticulturist Programme [16th Intake] (22 Jan 2018)